Dream Dinners allows you to meal prep meals in store that you will later cook at home. You view their monthly menu online, place your order, select a prep time and visit the store when ready to put together your meals. Once you arrive you put together a month's worth of meals for your family in about an hour. The prep work and clean-up is taken care of for you; you just assemble the meals.
When you are ready to cook the meal, you thaw, following the directions provided and within about 30 minutes you have a homemade meal ready for your family. Let me share my visit with you along with the meals we've enjoyed and whether or not I think it's something your family should try.
When placing my order online I picked 3 dishes that aren't something we would make if it wasn't for this chance of trying them out. We added the Loaded BBQ Pulled Pork Bites, Chicago Style Chicken with Red Skin Potatoes and Pecan Crusted Pork Chops. I picked the 3 serving option (there is a 6 serving option as well) which was $34.99. This put the cost per serving at a little less than $4 per person per meal. I don't usually cook pork so I was eager to add these meals to our dinner rotation. I think the Mister is getting sick of all the turkey and chicken.
Here are some of the behind the sign photos of my meal prep evening. As part of the Dream Taste I was given the chance to sample the Crispy Salsa Ranch Chicken with Corn Medley.
Each meal station has a laminated card with all the details on what will go in each bag, which size bags to use and the best part - everything is color coded so it's really fool proof. Once you've assembled the meal you place in the freezer to chill. While you move onto a new dish, a Dream Dinners employee cleans up the mess you've made, restocks any necessary ingredients, leaving you the ability to prep meals without the clean-up.
Over the last week we've made each of the Dream Dinners meals I brought home. Each meal was served with two side dishes and made a delicious homemade meal for our family. See for yourself how tasty these dishes look.
Chicago Style Chicken with Red Skin Potatoes served as is.
I didn't add any additional sides or ingredients.
Pecan Crusted Pork Chops served with sides I had on hand.
(green beans and mashed bacon and cheddar cauliflower)
Loaded BBQ Pulled Pork Bites
(served with green beans and grapes)
- All three meals provided us with enough for dinner and some leftover.
- The price for my Dream Taste was fair. $35 for 3 meals works for our family's budget.
- I didn't have to grocery shop or prep any of these meals. Dream Dinners does all that work for you.
- No grocery shopping or meal prep is necessary.
- Special ingredients like white cooking wine isn't something I normally have on hand yet a recipe called for it. It's nice having special ingredients available as I don't know if I would use cooking wine often (fact: I've never used it before this experience).
- Each month the menu changes giving your family a chance to try new dishes on a monthly basis.
- You can make substitutes. For example if you don't eat pork you can sub chicken instead. If you have a little one who doesn't like peas, you can omit them in your recipe.
- Perfect for a busy family who doesn't have the time or the want to spend a lot of time meal planning or prepping.
- Not all dishes come with a side item so those have to be either purchased from Dream Dinners or from your local grocery store.
- Larger families may spend more with Dream Dinners then just shopping their local store. However, the convenience of Dream Dinners is second to none.
Just one con? Yes! I came home signing all the praises to my husband about the experience. I am responsible for the bulk of my families meals so anything that would allow dinner to be on the table with less work, I am all for. I loved my experience with Dream Dinners so much that I attended a fundraiser event on Monday night and have an appointment again later this month to stock up on meals. I even bought a few items from their fully stocked freezer to try as well. Once we enjoy those, I'll be sure to share my thoughts.
Dream Dinners isn't just an Ohio operation. There are many locations throughout the country. If you are a busy family, struggling to get a wholesome meal on the table after a hectic day, I urge you to check Dream Dinners' site to find a location near you and schedule your Dream Taste.
Have you meal prepped with Dream Dinners before?
I'd love to hear about your experience!
* I was provided the Dream Taste package at no cost for my honest review*