Thank you to Evite for kindly sponsoring this post. #BeOurGuest #BeThere #Evite.
All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.
Being a stay-at-home Mom is rewarding and we all love being around our babies and children, but let's face it, we all need some alone time and some adult interaction. Creating bonds with other SAHM moms is a great way to build long-lasting relationships for you, your children and even your partner. I often think I am a better person when given the chance to recharge with ladies that "get me".
One thing I look forward to each month is getting out of the house and spending a bit of time with my girlfriends -- no kids, no husbands, no to do's or obligations. A night out, away from all responsibility is so important to me, especially when we are on the tail end of a busy travel session for my husband. I've been doing this "mom thing" for 4 years and I've realized that I am not alone with my need for a Mom Night Out (MNO) or Mom Day Out (MDO), many mothers feel the same way. Being home with a child or children full time is taxing. It takes a lot of energy to keep up with the little ones while trying to keep your sanity. Occasionally, a few hours away from it all is all you need. Here are some fun things to do with your friends to cut loose a bit and just be you sans the Mommy title.
1) Long dinners for the chance to chat, enjoy adult conversation and mingle with friends without the constant need to aid someone under the age of 5.
2) A shopping trip to pick up a few splurge pieces or to even window shop. Hobby Lobby and Target with a cup of Chai Tea is always a fun afternoon with a girlfriend.
3) Grab coffee on Saturday mornings. While weekends are usually designated for family but if your schedule allows, grab a coffee with a friend for a quick mom's morning out.
4) Host a recipe swap where each invitee brings a new dish for the group to discover and try. Leave with full bellies and a list of new-to-you recipes to try.
5) Have a night in at home with just a handful of people. Put the kids to bed and send the husband to his man cave. The perk of having a small group of friends in your home allows for more time to catch up with each lady in a casual environment.
6) Join a book club. I host one and I know that no matter what once a month I get to get out of the house and talk about something I love: reading.
7) Meet for dessert and coffee. If you are looking for a simple way to enjoy a night out AFTER the little ones, consider meeting for dessert and coffee. It's more budget friendly and if you are like me, sweets are always a good idea.
8) Meet for brunch where you can enjoy breakfast at your pace with a side of mimosas. We aren't known to dine out for breakfast and lunch on the weekends so this would be a treat for me.
9) Try something new! We are usually busy with carpool, swim lessons, preschool and much more that we don't have a lot of time for new adventure. Try a new class with friends: glass blowing, painting, ceramics. You'll be surprised with how much talking you can do once your hands start working.
10) Pick a new ethnic restaurant to try. If sushi, Indian or Thai are your favorites but lack kid friendly options, plan a night out where you can indulge a bit.
If you were to ask me what I'd like to do for a girl's night out, I'd tell you see a good chick flick. As a family, we see plenty of children's movies but one thing I miss is going to the movies and seeing a movie filled with love and drama. One movie I'm eager to see this month is the remake of Disney's Beauty and The Beast. Matter of fact this movie is perfect any audience: girls' night out, family date with the kids, date night with your spouse, etc. Who doesn't love the magic of Disney?
It should come as no surprise to you that Belle is my favorite Disney character. Her love of reading and finding adventure in books is something that I related to at a very young age. I am so eager to see the upcoming movie that I've scheduled a MNO so friends and I can see if as soon as it hits theaters on March 17th. I've planned my event with Evite's Beauty and the Beast - Be Our Guest custom invitations, including a reminder to snag your ticket on pre-sale now, then send them quickly and free to friends and now we sit (un) patiently waiting for the release date to roll around.
Consider my list as the push you need to schedule some time with your girlfriends. Motherhood is hard but thanks to moments spent together around a good meal, over drinks or even in a theater seeing a childhood classic remastered we can get through it together while having a bit of fun along the way.