I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
I know we aren't the only ones with busy mornings. Since the start of the new school year and MOPS season mornings can be a bit hectic around here. 4 days a week CJ and I have to be out the door at 8:50 to arrive on time to both school and MOPS. This leaves me with very little time to spend in the kitchen. Lucky for me, Connor loves smoothies and is more than eager to enjoy a "chocolate smoothie" on days when we need up and out of the house early. What's even better is this tasty breakfast smoothie comes together in minutes allowing us to have breakfast on the go if need be.
The ingredients for this smoothie are simple and most I'm sure you have on hand. The great thing about making smoothies at home is that you can make them according to your taste. Not a huge fan of banana, use half instead of a whole. Looking for more protein? Up the amount of PB you use. It's really up to you how much to use but here is a basic recipe that results in a tasty (Connor approved) smoothie.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie
1 pack of chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials (we use the no sugar added option)
1 tbsp. of peanut butter
1/2 cup of diced frozen bananas
1 cup of milk (we use vanilla almond milk)
Poor liquids into blender first. This is what our Oster Pro 1200 recommends. Add dry ingredients - Carnation mix, peanut butter and bananas. Our blender as a smoothie setting, which I use this one every time and each smoothie is smooth, banana chunk free.
Connor isn't the only one who loves chocolate in the AM. I often make a smoothie for myself and hit the road with it in hand. After school drop-off, I usually run any errands that I have that day so I can avoid having to take Connor with me. Doctor appointments are made during school time as well so an on the go breakfast is a must since it's a 35 minute drive from preschool to our doctor's office.
With busy mornings the norm, I try to make them as painless as possible. The evening before I gather anything we need for the next day and take it my car. With the car loaded all I have to worry about is my purse, Connor's book bag and of course the always one the go preschooler. I find if I plan our mornings out the evening before, I'm less stressed. I can grab our bags, my keys and my smoothie and get our days started with little to no fuss.
I mentioned that we use the Oster Pro 1200 Blender. If you are in the market for a blender and food processor look no further. THIS IS IT! The Oster Pro 1200 Plus Food Processor includes the following features and benefits:
- A user-friendly control panel with Smart Settings™ Technology and 7 Speeds including 3 preprogrammed settings for the most common blender creations.
- An advanced 6-point blade system for a wide range of food processing and blending options.
- A Dual Direction Motor which cycles forward and backward at varying speeds for optimal results.
- An extra wide 3.5” blade system that allows ingredients to flow down into the blade easier for faster and smoother results.
- 1200 power watts and 900 watts of ice crushing power plus a pulse feature to help blend with precision.
- A sleek and modern design, metallic grey finish and compact footprint which looks great in the kitchen.
- The product includes an 8-cup break resistant BPA-free jar made from Tritan plastic, a 5-cup BPA-free food processing bowl, and stainless a steel slicing disk and chopping blade.
- Dishwasher-safe pieces
I am 100% confident with using a blended and creating recipes. It's the food processor I'm a bit stuck on. What do you use yours with? Give me some ideas. I would love to put it to use and try new recipes in the process.
Happy Saturday, friends!