Here is what I've accomplished since March:
- Open a recipe book to a random page and cook - I made this dish and it was amazing! I modified it to fit our tastes but of course, nothing Ree makes is bad.
- Grow a plant from a seed - I grew a sunflower from a $1 planter from Target. However, I took it outside to get some sun and the wind knocked it off the deck, ending my run as a budding green thumb.
- Attend a yoga class - I just completed this at our gym. I can honestly say I just might like yoga enough to do it on a regular basis.
- Eat at a new restaurant and blog about the experience - this might be a stretch but when we were in Chicago we had the world's most delicious pizza and I shared it here in our trip recap.
- Make dinner, serving dessert first - so this was accomplished on accident. I was in charge of food at Bunco in Spring and the meatballs were taking forever to bake so we started with the sweets and worked our way backwards.
- Attend a girls only brunch - breakfast foods at 11AM could be really addicting, you know it?
- Spend a weekend at a bed and breakfast - again, Chicago really pulled through for me on my 101 list.
- Spend the weekend in Columbus with Kristin - it wasn't until I was marking off my completed tasks that I realized this was on my list. Done and done!
- Send flowers to a friend - Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls was the lucky friend thanks to a blog opportunity.
Now it's time for me to focus and pick 7-10 tasks to work on during the months of September, October, November and December. With birthdays and holidays this may be harder than I think or easier, you really never know. Here is what I have in mind:
Attend a women's conference || Cook a whole chicken || Watch a sunset from the beach
See a movie by myself || Get fitted for running shoes || Make homemade donuts
Watch Ghostbusters per Kristen's suggestion || Go an entire weekend with no television
Make a purchase from Mrs. Potter || Complete a week of "Random Acts of Kindness"
I'm really exited to work on my 101 in 1001 again and to really accomplish a lot before the end of the year. It's mind blowing to think that next year will be 2017 and I will have accomplished 101 things in 1001 days .. or at least that's my plan. As of today, I've completed 39 tasks. Only 62 tasks to complete in 10 months... OUCH! But I'm determined to get as close to 101 tasks as possible. Here goes nothing!