Its supposed to be easy but lately, it's been pure torture getting 5 simple answers from Connor. I have to ask each one multiple times and often different ways to get a legit answer. Maybe it's because he is a 3 year old boy, maybe it's because my expectations are too high. Either way, it's a ton of work on my end so I hope it's worth it when I look back on these (painful) conversations.
- What was your favorite thing you did over the summer? Play Minecraft and going Kings Island and Yellow Springs.
- What's your favorite topic to learn about at school? I like it when it's playtime. Every day we learn something different.
- Who is your best friend from school? Kellan is my best friend.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a kid when I grow up.
- What is your least favorite thing about school? I don't like when they give us pears and school milk.
To clarify Connor's answers: I would be lying if I didn't say I was hoping he would have mentioned swimming this Summer as a favorite activity since we spent 4 weeks at lessons and numerous afternoons and weekend in the pool. But again... expectations! Kellan was in his class last year and won't be this year and I don't have the heart to tell him. I have asked him multiple times over the last few weeks what he wants to be when he grows up and he always replies that he wants to be a kid. I hate to be the one to break the news but that can't happen. His comment about pears and school milk made me chuckle. At snack he gets whole milk and he HATES it. He drinks almond milk at home so he can't stand the taste. And pears? That's the one fruit dude will not eat.
For September each TKBTB provided a question so we have a "free for all" month. Here are the questions you'll be asking your little ones and sharing with us next month.
- What is your favorite sport? Why?
- If someone gave you a million dollars what would you buy?
- Tell me 3 things that kids do better than mommies and daddies.
- What is your favorite thing to do in the fall?
- Share with me 3 things you like about yourself.